as you see in our last posts – the ›operation solidarity‹ is gone.
we as external supporters will leave this blog online: some pages will serve as archive, the gallery and the report collection will not be updated anymore. but under the links and on the donation page you will find a collection of anarchist and antifascist structures and groups that should be supported. this will continue to be maintained.
Hi! We have a very important post and we ask you to read it.
Since the invasion began, we have done a gigantic job: equipping and supplying fighters, delivering humanitarian aid to war-stricken areas, supporting those in difficulty, and trying to organize a refugee community. All this became possible because of you! Thousands of people, many communities, groups, initiatives and organizations from all corners of the world, united by a sense of solidarity and the belief that a world without war, poverty and violence is possible. We want to express our deep gratitude and share the results of our activities:
From February 24 to June 1, we spent: 2,230,626 ₴ / 59680 €
Of which for military causes: 1,573,385 ₴ / 41,404 €
For infrastructure and team people support (office, 2 warehouses, volunteer housing): 513,998 ₴ / 13526 €
For targeted aid – 128,162 ₴ / 3,372 €
For humanitarian aid (mostly spent on fuel for comrades who brought humanitarian aid) – 15,081 ₴ / 397 €
We reported only through June 1 and, as you may have noticed, the number of publications has decreased a lot lately. This is due to our fatigue and a long internal conflict. We have to announce that OS in its usual form cease to exist and our social media temporarily stop. We had to split up and most of the remaining money (84%) was given to a new initiative, Solidarity Collectives. We recommend donating to them only if you are absolutely sure what your money will go to. The rest of sum (16%) is used for launching a new project. We want to develop the Movement and not waste our energy on pointless feuds. But in the near future we will share our view of the situation for concerned comrades.
All this may sound sad, but OS has accomplished its maintenance goals, we have had an excellent experience of self-organization, we’ve learned valuable lessons and played our historical role.
Finally, we want to give a list of proven friendly initiatives and urge you to support them.
Hi! We are the ‘Solidarity Collectives‘ volunteer team. Previously, we worked under the name ‘Operation Solidarity‘ but had to reformat our initiative. To find out why you can read our statement. Solidarity Collectives is an anti-authoritarian volunteer network that unites several grassroots initiatives. We help the Ukrainian resistance movement to fight the Russian invasion, support progressive forces in this fight, help people who suffered because of the war and spread information about what is going on in Ukraine.
What do we do: Support anti-authoritarian activists, union members, and grassroots activists who’ve joined the military units. As of today, Solidarity Collectives regularly support about 150 anti-authoritarian fighters, many of whom are currently on the frontline. Regularly receive and transport humanitarian aid to where it’s needed the most. Usually, it’s medicines, clothes, food, sleeping bags and mats, gas burners and fuel for them, and electrical equipment. Participate in conferences and discussions, and speak with journalists worldwide to communicate our position – that everyone who shares values of liberty and equality should support our struggle today.
How to support us: Everything we do is only possible thanks to international solidarity. So if you want to stop Russian imperialism or mitigate its destructive consequences, which are already turning into a humanitarian disaster too, you can help us!
as you may have noticed, the number of our daily blogposts is decreasing. there is some interenal work we have to take care of at the moment – the support work for anarchist comrades on the run or in struggle continues on many levels, of course.
from now on we will say goodbye to the format of daily updates and post here irregularly in the future.
solidarity will still win
to stay updated check the following social media pages:
In the midst of the Ukraine war, there’s an armed unit of anti-fascist football hooligans who are fighting Russia’s forces on the frontlines. They’re called Hoods Hoods Klan. They made a name for themselves across Europe for beating up far-right ultras. Now though, they’re fighting a bigger enemy: Putin.
At Popular Front we spent time with Hoods Hoods Klan as they prepared to head to the east, where the war is still raging. This documentary is about friendship, conflict, and a side of Ukraine often unreported.
furthermore, the article about imprisoned russian anti-war activists has now been translated into french and the german initiative cars for hope is actively asking for support.